Why CDMA mobiles cannot be loaded with the PRL which contains all the commercial channels of perticular spectrum
ashok25 11-October-2007 05:35:02 PM

Comments

PRL are loaded in handset and controlled by operators for different purpose but channels are allocated and totally controlled by DMSC or MSC communication to BTS and BTS say which channel on what channel. I'm not sure but I guess this may be the reason.
Posted by waqasahmad

All CDMA mobiles will work only if the PRL is loaded into the NAM or R-UIM. Without the PRL, Phone doesn't work at all.
Posted by faseehjani

I guess because PRL are loaded in handset and controlled by operators for different purpose but channels are allocated and totally controlled by DMSC or MSC communication to BTS and BTS say which channel on what channel. I'm not sure but I guess this may be the reason. I wish some CDMA expert can anwer this and clarify
Posted by scottavans

Posted: 14-October-2007 03:21:43 PM By: scottavans

I guess because PRL are loaded in handset and controlled by operators for different purpose but channels are allocated and totally controlled by DMSC or MSC communication to BTS and BTS say which channel on what channel. I'm not sure but I guess this may be the reason. I wish some CDMA expert can anwer this and clarify

Posted: 29-November-2007 04:15:48 AM By: faseehjani

All CDMA mobiles will work only if the PRL is loaded into the NAM or R-UIM. Without the PRL, Phone doesn't work at all.

Posted: 28-February-2009 12:18:00 PM By: waqasahmad

PRL are loaded in handset and controlled by operators for different purpose but channels are allocated and totally controlled by DMSC or MSC communication to BTS and BTS say which channel on what channel. I'm not sure but I guess this may be the reason.