Does Anybody have a simulator, for a protocol analyzer to take SS7 traces?
sajit4134 15-July-2008 05:02:11 AM

Comments

I think you may need a SS7 protocol analyzer; there is no 100% free SS7 analyzer, available on web. You can get some SS7 decoders online but if you are interested to run it on your system locally then you can use ethereal to decode SS7 messages. You need to transform your SS7 messages in pcap format with SCTP/IP header. and i think SS7 protocol analyzer is the best.
Posted by HamidAliKhan

YES SS7 protocol analyzer is the best.
Posted by waqqas1

PAS(Protocol Analyzer/Simulator) is a powerful program, created for the protocol analysis and simulation of asynchronous serial data and their overlaid protocols.PAS is the result of experiences that have been made in connection with serial interfaces. It was developed to offer all facilities from the analysis up to the simulation of serial connections for developers, quality controlling and service personal.

PAS can be used:
- to detect errors very fast (hardware
as well as software) which can occur
during the serial communication of
two stations,
- to provide a comfortable check-help
for the development of a serial
coupling.
- to simulate a target system by PC,
- to simulate expensive or unwieldy
stations (e.g. in case of a machine
simulation) by PC and so replacing
them.
-SS7 Traces
Posted by sagitraz

I guess you need a SS7 protocol analyzer; there is no 100% free SS7 analyzer, available on web. You can get some SS7 decoders online but if you are interested to run it on your system locally then you can use ethereal to decode SS7 messages. You need to transform your SS7 messages in pcap format with SCTP/IP header.
Posted by ngnguru

Posted: 28-October-2008 11:34:08 AM By: ngnguru

I guess you need a SS7 protocol analyzer; there is no 100% free SS7 analyzer, available on web. You can get some SS7 decoders online but if you are interested to run it on your system locally then you can use ethereal to decode SS7 messages. You need to transform your SS7 messages in pcap format with SCTP/IP header.

Posted: 29-October-2008 10:51:49 AM By: sagitraz

PAS(Protocol Analyzer/Simulator) is a powerful program, created for the protocol analysis and simulation of asynchronous serial data and their overlaid protocols.PAS is the result of experiences that have been made in connection with serial interfaces. It was developed to offer all facilities from the analysis up to the simulation of serial connections for developers, quality controlling and service personal.

PAS can be used:
- to detect errors very fast (hardware
as well as software) which can occur
during the serial communication of
two stations,
- to provide a comfortable check-help
for the development of a serial
coupling.
- to simulate a target system by PC,
- to simulate expensive or unwieldy
stations (e.g. in case of a machine
simulation) by PC and so replacing
them.
-SS7 Traces

Posted: 31-December-2008 08:08:08 AM By: waqqas1

YES SS7 protocol analyzer is the best.

Posted: 30-January-2009 12:53:26 AM By: HamidAliKhan

I think you may need a SS7 protocol analyzer; there is no 100% free SS7 analyzer, available on web. You can get some SS7 decoders online but if you are interested to run it on your system locally then you can use ethereal to decode SS7 messages. You need to transform your SS7 messages in pcap format with SCTP/IP header. and i think SS7 protocol analyzer is the best.