4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
What is a circuit id?
what is sdh?

what is the main purpose of the router....?
mksa119 11-March-2008 08:31:18 AM

Comments

route is a communication device that can be used as a software as well as hardware.
router is used to connect different or smiliar types of networks.
it has a routing table , in which the router stores all the inforamtion
Posted by jahangir1983

route is a communication device that can be used as a software as well as hardware.
router is used to connect different or smiliar types of networks.
it has a routing table , in which the router stores all the inforamtion
Posted by jahangir1983

A router is a device that determines the next network point to which a packet should be forwarded towards its destination. The router is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to.

Courtest: www.mpirical.com
Posted by justfawad

Router is a network layer hardwae device whose main purpose is to provide a shortest path to data to the desired destination. For this router maintain a routing table with ip addresses to various destinations and from which interface that network is accessible. You also put policy on router by definning commands over it.
Posted by sizzlingfauji

Router are for following funcctions

Routing
Stop broadcasting Domain
Posted by sagitraz

The main purpose of router is routing through a network by selecting the best shortest path using a routing protocol through an internetwork so that the data can reach its intended destination network quickly with minimal number of hops(router) that is the main purpose and to extend the concept of LAN to a broader scope to MAN's or WAN.Because they function at layer 3 so router segment the network into unique collision and broadcast domains and each segment is reffered to as a network and the network is indentified by an IP address a unique identity of a network. Other purpose are:
1) Connectivity between VLAN's in a switched environment.
2) Implementation of security measures using ACL's for filtering incoming and outgoing traffic.
3) Administrator perform network management and troubleshooting tasks on it.
4) Implementation of Quality of Service (QoS) parameters for specified type of network traffic for traffic management.
The shortest path is selected based on the metric, interface and IP adress. Metric is a specified value that can be either bandwidth, delay, number of hops etc use by routing protocol running over a router.Various type of protocol can be used based on the type of network to which the router is connected.
Posted by sizzlingfauji

i think make routing between different networks
Posted by mylife

In fact router routes the packets on the base of their IP addresses ,it is in fact a third layer device which uses different techniques, software and protocols for routing packets to their appropriate destination.
Protocols used in the router are based on what type of the network and the topology is used.
Posted by shehenshah

To make routing between different networks
Posted by HamidAliKhan

connects the networks.
do logical addressing
for further info visit the link below
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/449294
Posted by Hash007

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
Which test product has distributed network analysis platform for optimizing network services and maximizing uptime on enterprise networks ?
I need help; what key combination in Windows 2000 brings up a menu where you can change your password?

How do I monitor VOIP Traffic in spectra2?

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved