Who developed SIP(Session Initiation Protocol) ?
prateep 17-November-2007 04:08:24 PM

Comments

SIP was developed by the IETF. To quote " The Tao of the IETF " The internet Engneering Task Force is a loosely self-organized group of people who make technical and other contribution to the engineering and evolution of the Internet and its technologies. RFCs) I-Ds are the working documents of the group; anyone can author one on any topic and sobmit it to the IETF. There is no formal membershipin the IETF; anyone can participate. Every I-D contains the following paragraph on the first page. Internet standards are archived by the IETF as the Request for Comments series of numbered documents. As change are made in a protocol, or new versions come out, a new RFC document with a new number is issued, which "obsoletes" the old RFC. IETF Web site://www.ietf.org.
Posted by linux

Posted: 17-November-2007 04:49:08 PM By: linux

SIP was developed by the IETF. To quote " The Tao of the IETF " The internet Engneering Task Force is a loosely self-organized group of people who make technical and other contribution to the engineering and evolution of the Internet and its technologies. RFCs) I-Ds are the working documents of the group; anyone can author one on any topic and sobmit it to the IETF. There is no formal membershipin the IETF; anyone can participate. Every I-D contains the following paragraph on the first page. Internet standards are archived by the IETF as the Request for Comments series of numbered documents. As change are made in a protocol, or new versions come out, a new RFC document with a new number is issued, which "obsoletes" the old RFC. IETF Web site://www.ietf.org.