What's this I hear about another Cisco certification being offered?
Emmanuel 02-August-2007 04:23:06 PM

Comments

Cisco no longer views the CCNA as an entry-level exam, and I think that's a fantastic change. I have personally taught and written CCNA materials for several years, and I have never considered the CCNA to be entry-level. When you're troubleshooting OSPF virtual links, you are not working at entry level!
Cisco does recognize the need for an entry-level certification, and that's why they've developed the CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) certification. I'll have more details on that in a future article, but earning the CCENT is not required to become a CCNA.

Posted by jaren

Posted: 25-September-2007 05:18:01 PM By: jaren

Cisco no longer views the CCNA as an entry-level exam, and I think that's a fantastic change. I have personally taught and written CCNA materials for several years, and I have never considered the CCNA to be entry-level. When you're troubleshooting OSPF virtual links, you are not working at entry level!
Cisco does recognize the need for an entry-level certification, and that's why they've developed the CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) certification. I'll have more details on that in a future article, but earning the CCENT is not required to become a CCNA.