Hi, What is the hardware needed to setup Linux as a wireless router?
areil 16-October-2008 03:51:13 PM

Comments

www.unix.com/suse/81157-setup-linux-wireless-router.html - 51k -
Posted by waqasahmad

The hardware needed:
* An Internal Wireless LAN 802.11g PCI Card adapter.
* A coax network, leading to different antennas in your 300-400 m campus area, delivering to your wireless card.
* An Ethernet card (to your xDSL or cable modem).
or * An ISDN card, if your ISP supports it.
or * A dial-up modem. That time I did it with 4 dial-up modems, and I won't get into that, to keep your sanity graph from declining.
Posted by sagitraz

An Internal Wireless LAN 802.11g PCI Card adapter. A coax network, leading to different antennas in your 300-400 m campus area, delivering to your wireless card. An Ethernet card (to your xDSL or cable modem). An ISDN card, if you’re ISP supports it. A dial-up modem. That time I did it with 4 dial-up modems, and I won't get into that, to keep your sanity graph from declining.
Posted by eric

Posted: 17-October-2008 02:48:46 PM By: eric

An Internal Wireless LAN 802.11g PCI Card adapter. A coax network, leading to different antennas in your 300-400 m campus area, delivering to your wireless card. An Ethernet card (to your xDSL or cable modem). An ISDN card, if you’re ISP supports it. A dial-up modem. That time I did it with 4 dial-up modems, and I won't get into that, to keep your sanity graph from declining.

Posted: 20-October-2008 12:38:57 AM By: sagitraz

The hardware needed:
* An Internal Wireless LAN 802.11g PCI Card adapter.
* A coax network, leading to different antennas in your 300-400 m campus area, delivering to your wireless card.
* An Ethernet card (to your xDSL or cable modem).
or * An ISDN card, if your ISP supports it.
or * A dial-up modem. That time I did it with 4 dial-up modems, and I won't get into that, to keep your sanity graph from declining.

Posted: 19-January-2009 06:16:18 AM By: waqasahmad

www.unix.com/suse/81157-setup-linux-wireless-router.html - 51k -