What is the difference b/w hand off and Hand over?
HamidAliKhan 14-November-2008 01:30:53 PM

Comments

www.radio-electronics.com/.../umts-wcdma-handover-handoff.php
Posted by crouse

www.telecoms.com/.../nortel-hands-over-data-connection-between-lte-and-cdma
Posted by crouse

your call is transfer from one cell to another or one sector to another.
Handover means your call is droped and when user call by using any serving cell its call remain continue if he even go in its neighbour cell because of handover.I think no difference between these two.
Posted by HamidAliKhan

when user call by using any serving cell its call remain continue if he even go in its neighbour cell because of handover.I think no difference between these two.
Posted by Hash007

In any cellular network, the radio links are not permanently allocated to a user for the
duration of a call. Handover or Handoff is a process of switching an on going call from the
coverage of one cell to another.
So we can say that these are the same things.
Posted by sagitraz

In GSM handoff means your call is transfer from one cell to another or one sector to another.
Handover means your call is droped.
Posted by waqqas1

Posted: 15-November-2008 12:56:41 AM By: waqqas1

In GSM handoff means your call is transfer from one cell to another or one sector to another.
Handover means your call is droped.

Posted: 15-November-2008 02:35:29 AM By: sagitraz

In any cellular network, the radio links are not permanently allocated to a user for the
duration of a call. Handover or Handoff is a process of switching an on going call from the
coverage of one cell to another.
So we can say that these are the same things.

Posted: 15-November-2008 03:14:55 AM By: Hash007

when user call by using any serving cell its call remain continue if he even go in its neighbour cell because of handover.I think no difference between these two.

Posted: 31-December-2008 01:47:43 PM By: HamidAliKhan

your call is transfer from one cell to another or one sector to another.
Handover means your call is droped and when user call by using any serving cell its call remain continue if he even go in its neighbour cell because of handover.I think no difference between these two.

Posted: 09-September-2009 08:16:52 AM By: crouse

www.telecoms.com/.../nortel-hands-over-data-connection-between-lte-and-cdma

Posted: 09-September-2009 08:34:23 AM By: crouse

www.radio-electronics.com/.../umts-wcdma-handover-handoff.php