In the deployment of the IDS and IPS which direction should i use?
shehenshah 12-January-2009 01:10:42 PM

Comments

i think IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.
Posted by mylife

IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.
Posted by crouse

Hi dear i think IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.
Posted by HamidAliKhan

www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/intrusion/network_ids_ips_deployment_strategies
Posted by crouse

https://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/intrusion/network_ids_ips_deployment_strategies_2143 -
Posted by waqasahmad

IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.
Posted by sagitraz

Posted: 14-January-2009 03:35:03 AM By: sagitraz

Posted: 03-March-2009 06:18:38 AM By: waqasahmad

https://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/intrusion/network_ids_ips_deployment_strategies_2143 -

Posted: 27-March-2009 02:50:54 PM By: crouse

www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/intrusion/network_ids_ips_deployment_strategies

Posted: 13-April-2009 03:35:44 AM By: HamidAliKhan

Hi dear i think IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.

Posted: 29-April-2009 02:55:59 AM By: crouse

Posted: 06-July-2009 05:19:38 AM By: mylife

i think IPS rules applied to the "out" direction of an interface and IDS rules are usually applied into "Inner" direction of an interface.