Explain BCC on V5?
casey 23-February-2009 07:02:22 PM

Comments

A Bcc (blind carbon copy) is a copy of an email message sent to a recipient whose email address does not appear in the message.

This is in contrast to To and Cc recipients, whose addresses do appear in the respective header lines. Every recipient of the message can see all the To and Cc recipients, but does not know about Bcc recipients.
BCC in V5 Link Control Protocol is controlled by the AN. And also BCC in V5 require initialization at start up.
Posted by waqasahmad

BCC in V5 Link Control Protocol is controlled by the AN. And also BCC in V5 require initialization at start up.
Posted by waqqas1

Bcc In Mac OS X
By Damien Gallop

November 3rd, 2001

So I am still getting bulk email with my address in the message for all to see. Frankly I am getting tired of asking people nicely to use Bcc instead of To or Cc when they include me in bulk mailings. What would you tell 'em?

Thus I introduced this article. In a moment of frustration I wrote the article Mac OS X and Outlook Express for Windows a while back, which dealt with this. It's a semi-serious issue for two reasons. First, there truly are consequences. Once you make it onto the Big List that gets resold on the internet for $99 continually, you'll rue the day you decided to treat your email address casually. The second reason is that ultimately the whole thing is out of your direct control. When you share your email address, you trust people to use it with respect. Imagine that you gave out your home address to someone, who promptly forwarded it to Publishers Clearing House. Would you be pleased? Only if Publishers actually sent you that check for $6M. Otherwise you'd feel betrayed, and rightly so. It's not only no different in principle with your email address; it's an even greater betrayal, as at least Publishers is a legitimate enterprise that pays hard cash for promotional and mailing expenses. Email spammers don't pay a dime to hit you and ten million others with a continuous deluge of junk, some of which will harm your digital health if you pay attention to it.

The solution is simple. Getting it implemented may not be. The solution is to use Bcc whenever you send an email message to multiple recipients. Let me explain what Bcc is first, then move to a handful of practical cases. Those of us old enough to remember that marvelous precursor of the computer called a typewriter may also recall how backup copies were done. It was that equally brilliant invention called carbon paper. Type once; get two copies. Or three, if you typed hard. Thus came the mnemonic Cc in the context of email. It's even become a verb. You send someone email, and you "cc" it to others in the loop.

Enter Bcc. Bcc stands for Blind Carbon Copy. It only has meaning in an email context. Where Cc keeps everybody in the loop alright, Bcc sends the message to them all, but none of the recipients knows who else received it too. These days, unless you explicitly intend to inform all parties concerned of each other's presence in the loop, you really want to keep those names confidential, if only out of respect for those people. Basic internet etiquette would suggest you get those people's permissions before broadcasting their names.

Anyone who has sent a single piece of email knows what To stands for. It's the data field where you type in a recipient. By extension, Cc is a similar entity for group use. Bcc functions exactly like Cc except it leaves out the names from the message. Typically these three send options are available as you begin a new email message, whether as buttons, fields, or a drop-down list. The magic of how Bcc works within the mailer itself just isn't my problem. It works, and that's all that matters to me.

Of all the variations available with which to send an email message, if I were allowed only one, it would be Bcc. It's fully as functional as any other, and it preserves the recipient's privacy as well.

Question. When would you use Bcc?

Answer. You'd use Bcc by default anytime you plan to send the same message to two or more people. Yes, there would be exceptions, particularly in a work situation. But these occasions are rare. Whenever you select two or more names from your address book, reach for Bcc. Bcc functions exactly like To or Cc. It's just another place to enter recipients. You put a name there, and the mail will go there. The difference is how the mail appears at the other end. Besides preserving your recipients' privacy and respect, you also end up with a much cleaner message.

I only know of one mailer that does not support Bcc, and it is being phased out of internet use altogether. For sure you do not use it for internet email now. Virtually every internet mailer program today has Bcc available. Let me count the ways! From the top of my head, the following mailers support Bcc:

Apple Mail for OS X
Eudora Mail
Eudora for OS X
Netscape Mail
Mozilla
Outlook for Windows
Outlook Express for Windows
Entourage for Mac
Pine for OS X
Hotmail
IMP Mail

If you use recent versions of any of these, you already have Bcc. If you can't find it, email me. It's there, and I'll happily help you find it. If you use a different mailer than these and you can't find Bcc, let's talk anyway. Odds are we can find it together.

Convinced yet? Then let's look at some specific mailers and how they do Bcc.

Posted by waqasahmad

The BCC in V5 Link Control Protocol is controlled by the AN.The V5-BCC protocol provides the means for the LE to request the AN to establish and release connections between specified AN user ports and specified V5-interface time slots.And also BCC in V5 require initialization at start up.
Posted by jahangir1983

The BCC in V5 Link Control Protocol is controlled by the AN.The V5-BCC protocol provides the means for the LE to request the AN to establish and release connections between specified AN user ports and specified V5-interface time slots.And also BCC in V5 require initialization at start up.
Posted by jahangir1983

Posted by dandelo

plz visit:
www.macwrite.com/critical-mass/bcc-mac-os-x - 19k -
Posted by crouse

Posted by sagitraz

Posted: 23-February-2009 11:17:52 PM By: sagitraz

Posted: 24-February-2009 03:59:36 AM By: crouse

plz visit:
www.macwrite.com/critical-mass/bcc-mac-os-x - 19k -

Posted: 24-February-2009 01:50:23 PM By: dandelo

Posted: 27-February-2009 12:19:30 AM By: jahangir1983

Posted: 27-February-2009 12:21:21 AM By: jahangir1983

Posted: 28-February-2009 05:57:31 AM By: waqasahmad

Bcc In Mac OS X
By Damien Gallop

November 3rd, 2001

So I am still getting bulk email with my address in the message for all to see. Frankly I am getting tired of asking people nicely to use Bcc instead of To or Cc when they include me in bulk mailings. What would you tell 'em?

Thus I introduced this article. In a moment of frustration I wrote the article Mac OS X and Outlook Express for Windows a while back, which dealt with this. It's a semi-serious issue for two reasons. First, there truly are consequences. Once you make it onto the Big List that gets resold on the internet for $99 continually, you'll rue the day you decided to treat your email address casually. The second reason is that ultimately the whole thing is out of your direct control. When you share your email address, you trust people to use it with respect. Imagine that you gave out your home address to someone, who promptly forwarded it to Publishers Clearing House. Would you be pleased? Only if Publishers actually sent you that check for $6M. Otherwise you'd feel betrayed, and rightly so. It's not only no different in principle with your email address; it's an even greater betrayal, as at least Publishers is a legitimate enterprise that pays hard cash for promotional and mailing expenses. Email spammers don't pay a dime to hit you and ten million others with a continuous deluge of junk, some of which will harm your digital health if you pay attention to it.

The solution is simple. Getting it implemented may not be. The solution is to use Bcc whenever you send an email message to multiple recipients. Let me explain what Bcc is first, then move to a handful of practical cases. Those of us old enough to remember that marvelous precursor of the computer called a typewriter may also recall how backup copies were done. It was that equally brilliant invention called carbon paper. Type once; get two copies. Or three, if you typed hard. Thus came the mnemonic Cc in the context of email. It's even become a verb. You send someone email, and you "cc" it to others in the loop.

Enter Bcc. Bcc stands for Blind Carbon Copy. It only has meaning in an email context. Where Cc keeps everybody in the loop alright, Bcc sends the message to them all, but none of the recipients knows who else received it too. These days, unless you explicitly intend to inform all parties concerned of each other's presence in the loop, you really want to keep those names confidential, if only out of respect for those people. Basic internet etiquette would suggest you get those people's permissions before broadcasting their names.

Anyone who has sent a single piece of email knows what To stands for. It's the data field where you type in a recipient. By extension, Cc is a similar entity for group use. Bcc functions exactly like Cc except it leaves out the names from the message. Typically these three send options are available as you begin a new email message, whether as buttons, fields, or a drop-down list. The magic of how Bcc works within the mailer itself just isn't my problem. It works, and that's all that matters to me.

Of all the variations available with which to send an email message, if I were allowed only one, it would be Bcc. It's fully as functional as any other, and it preserves the recipient's privacy as well.

Question. When would you use Bcc?

Answer. You'd use Bcc by default anytime you plan to send the same message to two or more people. Yes, there would be exceptions, particularly in a work situation. But these occasions are rare. Whenever you select two or more names from your address book, reach for Bcc. Bcc functions exactly like To or Cc. It's just another place to enter recipients. You put a name there, and the mail will go there. The difference is how the mail appears at the other end. Besides preserving your recipients' privacy and respect, you also end up with a much cleaner message.

I only know of one mailer that does not support Bcc, and it is being phased out of internet use altogether. For sure you do not use it for internet email now. Virtually every internet mailer program today has Bcc available. Let me count the ways! From the top of my head, the following mailers support Bcc:

Apple Mail for OS X
Eudora Mail
Eudora for OS X
Netscape Mail
Mozilla
Outlook for Windows
Outlook Express for Windows
Entourage for Mac
Pine for OS X
Hotmail
IMP Mail

If you use recent versions of any of these, you already have Bcc. If you can't find it, email me. It's there, and I'll happily help you find it. If you use a different mailer than these and you can't find Bcc, let's talk anyway. Odds are we can find it together.

Convinced yet? Then let's look at some specific mailers and how they do Bcc.

Posted: 28-February-2009 11:49:46 AM By: waqqas1

Posted: 02-March-2009 12:31:27 AM By: waqasahmad

A Bcc (blind carbon copy) is a copy of an email message sent to a recipient whose email address does not appear in the message.

This is in contrast to To and Cc recipients, whose addresses do appear in the respective header lines. Every recipient of the message can see all the To and Cc recipients, but does not know about Bcc recipients.