4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
What is a circuit id?
what is sdh?

How to be in command of the control panel in XP?
eric 24-September-2008 01:46:59 PM

Comments

www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_controlpanel.htm
Posted by saqlain231

In Windows XP, the Control Panel has two modes. ... A faster way to run any applet is to issue a direct command:. control applet.cpl
Control Panel categories

In Windows XP, the Control Panel has two modes. The default mode, in the Home Edition, is the colourful and friendly Category View, which divvies up the Control Panel applets into nine categories: Appearance and Themes; Network and Internet Connections; Add or Remove Programs; Sounds, Speech, And Audio Devices; Performance and Maintenance; Printers and Other Hardware; User Accounts; Date, Time, Language and Regional Options; and Accessibility Options.

There's actually a tenth category – easy to miss as it is only available via the task pane – called Other Control Panel Options. This is where Windows puts Control Panel applets installed by third-party applications, such as a QuickTime control or a special display control for your video card.

The other way to view the Control Panel is by the Classic View, familiar to anyone who has used the Control Panel in previous versions of Windows. In Classic View, all the applets are dumped into the one folder. It may be a little intimidating to start with, but it makes it much easier to track down all the Control Panel items and reduces the number of clicks required to access them.

You open the Control Panel by clicking Start -> Control Panel. If it's not on your Start Menu, it's easy to add:

1. Right-click the Start button and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
2. On the Start Menu tab, make sure the first (non-classic) Start Menu option is selected and click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. In the Start Menu Items list under the Control Panel section, select either Display As Link or Display As Menu. The former (the default) simply displays a Control Panel option on the Start Menu; the latter displays the Control Panel option with a cascading menu providing direct access to each Control Panel applet. I prefer the former because I like to create shortcuts to only those applets I use often – I'll show you how soon; I can do without the others cluttering up my Start Menu.
5. Click OK twice to exit the dialogs.

Note, if you use the Display As Menu option for the Control Panel, you can still open the standard Control Panel window by clicking Start and then right-clicking the Control Panel option in the Start Menu and selecting Open from the pop-up menu.
Posted by waqasahmad

- By using the group policy editor.
- Prohibit access to the control panel, hide or show only certain control panel applets
- Personalize the Display Properties dialog box by hiding Desktop tab, the Appearance and Themes tab.

Posted by suresh123

Please visit :
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/control.htm
Posted by sagitraz

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
What is service control point in telecommunication?
Hello friends, what is Synchronization Source?

I need to know what the range of addresses in the classes of internet addresses about?

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved