4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
what is sdh?
What is a circuit id?

Can anyone Explain me about WEP?
tyson 27-October-2008 04:14:34 PM

Comments

Motivations

The web document distinction emphasizes the fact that not all content generated by a web template system, web service, and other related systems represents output as a web page.

[edit] Protocol-independent

The e-mail protocols predate the Web protocols, but are not a subset, they constitute distinct Internet services. E-mail documents may be HTML documents, and may be viewed into a e-mail client or through a webmail (or Internet forum) as a web page. A lot of web applications deal with web page bodies and e-mail bodies indistinctly. Web applications deal with web pages, but also with many other formats and protocols.

[edit] Current trends toward XML

From a long-term perspective, the increasing prevalence of XML may eliminate the need for this kind of distinction.

For example:

* Web standards have evolved and become more adaptive toward XML (HTML, for example, can also be expressed as XHTML);
* XML-based OpenDocument specifications (for desktop applications like Open Office) provide an open mechanism for specifying formerly "binary-only" filetypes in plain text (or as binary files of archived text).

Under such trends, the concept of web document becomes more uniform as more file types become expressible as different dialects of XML.

[edit] Dynamic web document

Another extended (derived) concept is dynamic web document, like documents generated from template engines or web services. Dynamic web page is a specific case of dynamic web document. Common Gateway Interface(CGI)is a concept used to create dynamic web document.
Posted by saqlain231

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)—The old, original, now discredited wireless security standard. ... Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
more detalils
www.darknet.org.uk/2008/12/confused-by-wep-wpa-tkip-aes-other-wireless-security-acronyms/ - 45k -
Posted by waqasahmad

WEP stands for "Wired Equivalent Privacy". When WEP encryption is enabled, there are two options: 64-bit and 128-bit. 64-bit is the same as 40-bit WEP. The lower level of WEP encryption uses a 40-bit (10 character) "secret key" (set by the user), and a 24-bit "initialization vector" (not under user control).
Posted by suresh123

Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) is a deprecated algorithm to secure IEEE 802.11 wireless networks. Wireless networks broadcast messages using radio and are thus more susceptible to eavesdropping than wired networks. When introduced in 1997, WEP was intended to provide confidentiality comparable to that of a traditional wired network.

Beginning in 2001, several serious weaknesses were identified by cryptanalysts with the result that today a WEP connection can be cracked with readily available software within minutes. Within a few months the IEEE created a new 802.11i task force to counteract the problems. By 2003, the Wi-Fi Alliance announced that WEP had been superseded by Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), which was a subset of then upcoming 802.11i amendment. Finally in 2004, with the ratification of the full 802.11i standard (a.k.a. WPA2), the IEEE declared that both WEP-40 and WEP-104 "have been deprecated as they fail to meet their security goals".Despite its weaknesses, WEP is still widely in use. WEP is often the first security choice presented to users by router configuration tools even though it provides a level of security that deters only unintentional use, leaving the network vulnerable to deliberate compromise.
Posted by sagitraz

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
How to convert Decimal to Hexadecimal? Give Example?

Can anyone explain about Soft Handoff?
Does anyone explain me about the data units at different layers of the TCP / IP protocol suite?

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved