4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
what is sdh?
What is a circuit id?

Hello, Explain Telephone routing over IP (TRIP)?
michaeldavid23 04-July-2008 12:47:23 PM

Comments

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_Internet_Protocol
Posted by crouse

www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3219.txt
Posted by crouse

www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/trip.htm
Posted by crouse

In general TRIP is modeled after the BGP protocol. Messages are sent over a reliable transport protocol connection. A message MUST be processed only after it is entirely received. The maximum message size is 4096 bytes. All implementations MUST support this maximum message size. The smallest message that MAY be sent consists of a TRIP header without a data portion. TRIP is a policy driven inter-administrative domain protocol for advertising the reachability of telephony destinations between location servers, and for advertising attributes of the routes to those destinations. TRIP's operation is independent of any signaling protocol, hence TRIP can serve as the telephony routing protocol for any signaling protocol.

Posted by HamidAliKhan

The PSTN routes most of the phone calls in the world today. Why should SIP duplicate that routing capability for every POTS phone or every phone that PSTN is already set up for? TRIP allows SIP to route calls that may already be listed in other routing tables to specialized Gateways that direct the calls to the appropriate network. It uses a protocol based on the Border Gateway (BGP) that has been very successful among routers on the internet. It uses TCP port 6069 to let routers (SIP Servers) and Location Servers to talk to each other to discover appropriate routes to special gateways.

BGP allows servers to talk together to determine where the gateways are and which are more appropriate for a given call.

References:
http://www.IETF.org, RFC 3219
Posted by george99

TRIP is a policy driven inter-administrative domain protocol for advertising the reachability of telephony destinations between location servers, and for advertising attributes of the routes to those destinations. TRIP's operation is independent of any signaling protocol, hence TRIP can serve as the telephony routing protocol for any signaling protocol.

TRIP is modeled after the BGP protocol.

Messages are sent over a reliable transport protocol connection. A message MUST be processed only after it is entirely received. The maximum message size is 4096 bytes. All implementations MUST support this maximum message size. The smallest message that MAY be sent consists of a TRIP header without a data portion.
Posted by sagitraz

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
What are list of standards support Megaco Protocol?

How do I reset a Linksys Router if I Forgot Password?

is possible to rearrange the available networks in the preferred list .

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved