4 Knowledge Base

TelecomTrainning.net > Knowledge Base
 Viewing KB Article
Good Morning, - Please register or - log-in to your account.
Search
Search   Saved Questions   Ask a question
Keywords 

Available categories
LTE
100 of Questions in LTE
CCNA Certification
CCNA Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
(Network +) Certification
(Network +) Sample Q & A (1000 + Q &A)
Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
Home Networking
General/Interview Q& A on Networking
VOIP, SIP & Asterisk
Q & A on VOIP,Ethereal, SIP & Asterisk
Telecom Test Equipments
Q & A on Telecom Test Equipment
PSTN / Wireline
General / Interview Q & A on PSTN / Wireline
LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
General/Interview Q & A on LTE, Wireless, 3G ,Diameter and HSS
Telecom General
Any Q & A in Telecom in General

Top Questions
Friends, Describe Secure storage and distribution of A-Keys?
How do I monitor SS7 Traffic in spectra2?
what is the difference between E1 signal & Ethernet signal ?
Explain me the difference between a repeater, bridge and router? Relate this to the OSI model.
What is the difference between BRI & PRI ?
Can you tell me about PBGT?
Guys what is the purpose of Umbrella Cell Approach in GSM ?
how can we explain media gateway in MSc?
What is GGSN?
What is the difference between Electrical-tilt and Mechanical-tilt of an antenna?
What is demarc point?
What is BSC?
Can any one explain me how sms flow will work using ss7 network ?( from physical layer to application layer)
Explain SLTA and SLTM messages in MTP3?
why cellphone towers are painted in red and white?
Hi guys what is WAP?
what is EDAp? what is the functions of EDAP?
wat is the difference betweem MSC & GMSC, & MSS & GCS?
what is sdh?
What is a circuit id?

What does ACK request confirm and explain when all it’s used?
michaeldavid23 16-July-2008 01:01:34 PM

Comments

www.stuartcheshire.org/papers/NagleDelayedAck
Posted by crouse

tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2347
Posted by crouse

The ACK request confirms that the client has received a final response to an INVITE request. (ACK is used only with INVITE requests.) 2xx responses are acknowledged by client user agents, all other final responses by the first proxy or client user agent to receive the response. The Via is always initialized to the host that originates the ACK request, i.e., the client user agent after a 2xx response or the first proxy to receive a non-2xx final response. The ACK request is forwarded as the corresponding INVITE request, based on its Request-URI. See Section 10 for details.

The ACK request MAY contain a message body with the final session description to be used by the callee. If the ACK message body is empty, the callee uses the session description in the INVITE request.

A proxy server receiving an ACK request after having sent a 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, or 6xx response must make a determination about whether the ACK is for it, or for some user agent or proxy server further downstream. This determination is made by examining the tag in the To field. If the tag in the ACK To header field matches the tag in the To header field of the response, and the From, CSeq and Call-ID header fields in the response match those in the ACK, the ACK is meant for the proxy server. Otherwise, the ACK SHOULD be proxied downstream as any other request.

It is possible for a user agent client or proxy server to receive multiple 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, and 6xx responses to a request along a single branch. This can happen under various error conditions, typically when a forking proxy transitions from stateful to stateless before receiving all responses. The various responses will all be identical, except for the tag in the To field, which is different for each one. It can therefore be used as a means to disambiguate them.

This method MUST be supported by SIP proxy, redirect and user agent servers as well as clients.
Posted by snjysanjay05

ACK request basically Confirms that the client has received a final response to an INVITE
request.
Posted by sagitraz

ACK Request we will used to comfrim for Request ...like send A INVITE Request fro this Request we will send ACknoweldgement as ACK Response...in INDICATES user is free .....
Posted by SIP

Q&A Rating

Q&A Rating
Rate This Question and Answer

Related Questions
What should be the SIP response message for ISUP cause value 27 destination out of order?
In my asterisk I get “Your call cannot be completed as dialed"?
Hi all,by what method is SSD (Shared Secret Data)key is generated?

Search questions via popularity
Top viewed questions  Top emailed questions  Most printed questions  Most saved questions

Copyright © Telecom Training, All Rights Reserved